S-Bahn trains run between Hamelin and Hanover almost every half hour. The journey only takes about 50 minutes and you are already standing in the pedestrian zone of Lower Saxony’s state capital. And there is plenty to see and experience.
What to do during a day trip to Hannover:
- A stroll through the pedestrian zone. Hanover offers a rich selection for shopping enthusiasts.
- A visit to the Old Town (Altstadtviertel around the Marktkirche) with its many half-timbered houses, nice cafés and pretty boutiques.
- A guided tour of the old town is also worthwhile. You’ll quickly learn everything you need to know.
- An absolute top spot is the Herrenhäuser Gardens. Friends of baroque gardens worth seeing will get their money’s worth. The Herrenhausen Gardens cover an area of 50 hectares. Good shoes are recommended.
- And of course, a visit to the Maschsee lake is not to be missed. Rent a boat, sunbathe, cycle or simply stroll. A maritime experience in Lower Saxony.
A short holiday in Hameln is never boring.
To the sights in Hannover